SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG) HORMONE TESTING KIT (BLOOD SPOT)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) Hormone Testing Kit
- Designed to test for Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and it accurately assesses SHBG levels in the body.
- Safe and Easy to use
- Contains Blood Spot collection kit
- Test can be done at the comfort of your home
- Free delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipment to laboratory. Please find more information on shipping page.
- No additional laboratory cost and tax.
- Test Result: You will receive your test result via email within 5-7 working days after Laboratory receives your sample. On your test result you will see your hormone levels in graphics .An easy to understand explanation regarding the functions of the tested hormones by our laboratory professional. You will also see Laboratory's comments on your test result which suggests a healthy diet, what kind of exercise you should do and some reading materials how to maintain your hormone level balanced.
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) binds and transports both testosterone and estrogens in the bloodstream, and it therefore regulates the relative amounts of free and bound hormone and consequently their bioavailability to target tissues. SHBG is a protein produced by the liver in response to exposureto any type of estrogen. Testosterone binds about three times more tightly to SHBG than does estradiol, so this increase in SHBG as a result of estrogen exposure causes the relative proportion of bioavailable testosterone to estradiol to decrease even further, exacerbating the symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Many factors, in addition to estrogen exposure, can affect SHBG levels. Thyroid hormone increases SHBG production, whereas insulin, on the other hand, decreases SHBG levels. In young men, testosterone levels are usually high and SHBG low, making most of the testosterone bioavailable. However, as men age, gain weight, and their estrogen levels increase, SHBG also rises, decreasing bioavailable testosterone. Measuring SHBG in blood provides an indication of the overall exposure to estrogens, as well as the bioavailable (free) fraction of testosterone (calculated from the ratio of testosterone to SHBG).
This kit is safe and it is easy to verify the level of SHBG, once the laboratory obtains and analysis your sample (blood spot), you will receive test result within 7 working days.
We strongly recommend that you consult your results with your Health Care Provider, GP or Doctor to know whether or not any further actions need to be carried out and get started with ample treatment if it is needed.
The pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Instructions on How to Use blood spot Collection Kit
How to Use