Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test is designed to test for Prostate Specific. PSA is a measure of prostate health, and high levels can indicate the presence of BPH or advancing prostate cancer. As prostate cells start to become crowded, they produce PSA, which acts to suppress angiogenesis and therefore reduce the blood supply to the surrounding tissue to prevent it from further growth. High levels are therefore seen only as a result of fairly rapid growth. Nevertheless, testing PSA levels before starting testosterone therapy is essential, as a sharp increase in PSA can indicate prostate problems.
If you are experiencing one or more of the symptoms below, this test is for you.
Symptoms you may need a PSA test:
- Needing to pee more frequently, often during the night
- Needing to rush to the toilet
- Difficulty in starting to pee (hesitancy)
- Straining or taking a long time while peeing
- Weak flow
- Feeling that your bladder has not emptied fully
- Blood in urine or Blood in semen
Test Result: You will receive your test result 3-5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample. You will see your hormone levels in graphics and numbers on your test result. You will also see laboratory comments by Hormone Specialist PhD Dr in the comments: you will find Dr analysis of your hormone levels and what to do next.
- Collect samples from the comfort of your home and post them to our lab.
- The test must be used within 12 months after the purchase date.
- The test kit includes a laboratory fee: no additional laboratory cost and tax.
- Customers are responsible for shipping their samples to the laboratory.
How does the test carried out?
This blood spot-based testing tool can be done in the privacy of your home. A simple step of collecting your blood spot for the test is required. Once you provide a blood spot, you need to seal the sample and send it off to us. Your test result report will be emailed to you between 3 and 5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample.
How to Use