PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN (PSA) HORMONE TESTING KIT (BLOOD SPOT)
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Hormone Testing Kit is designed testing for Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) and it accurately assesses PSA levels in the body.
- Contains Blood Spot collection kit
- Collecting sample easily in comfort of your home or office.
- Delivers results in 3-5 working days after receipt at the laboratory
- Free Delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to laboratory.
- No additional cost.
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use blood spot Collection Kit
PSA is a measure of prostate health and high levels can indicate the presence of BPH or advancing prostate cancer. As prostate cells start to become crowded, they produce PSA, which acts to suppress angiogenesis and therefore reduce the blood supply to the surrounding tissue to prevent it from further growth. High levels are therefore seen only as a result of growth that is fairly rapid. It is important to test PSA levels prior to starting testosterone therapy, as a sharp increase in PSA can indicate prostate problems.
How to Use