Progesterone (PG) (Total) Hormone Test Kit (BLOOD SPOT)
- Designed to test for Progesterone level Effectively assesses progesterone level in the blood
- Contains Blood Spot collection kit
- Collecting sample easily in comfort of your home or office.
- Delivers results in 3-5 working days after receipt at the laboratory
- Free Delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to laboratory.
- No additional cost.
- Progesterone imbalance (deficiency ) may cause decreased fertility, heavy or painful periods, irregular periods, mood swings, hot flashes, tender or fibrocystic breasts, urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness, backache, bloating, bone loss, irritability, loss of muscle mass, low libido, memory lapses, mood swings, nervousness, poor concentration, sleep disturbances, weight gain, nausea and vomiting and depression.
- Best tested together with Estradiol (see Progesterone and Estradiol Profile) as an imbalance of these two hormones is associated with major symptoms of menopause and disorders of the reproductive system.
What is Progesterone?
Progesterone is the hormone steroid that is produced by the body which regulates menstrual cycle and it is involved with the female menstrual cycle during pregnancy. This test is specifically designed to measure your progesterone levels in order for you to know if there are any problems which are affecting you or could do so in the future regarding progesterone within your body.
How Does This Test Help?
A simple procedure of providing blood spot and seal the sample and send the sample to us for analysis.
Once the laboratory completes testing, the results will be sent to you within 7 working days.
This test also helps in correcting administration of medication as it produces highly reliable results, therfore; it eliminates any worries of you experiencing further illnesses or medical conditions.
The kit proves to be less expensive and hassle-free as it does not require you to book a laboratory appointment.
This test kit precisely identifies any hidden progesterone imbalances within your blood, either in deficiency or excessive form that is correlated with symptoms of menopause. Best tested together with Estradiol, as an imbalance of these two hormones is associated with major symptoms of menopause and disorders of the reproductive system.
The pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use Blood Spot Collection Kit
How to Use