The Free Thyroxine test (FT4) is designed to test for Free Thyroxine (fT4) hormone, and it accurately assesses fT4 levels in the blood.
Your thyroid makes hormones that regulate the way your body uses energy. It plays a vital role in regulating your weight, body temperature, muscle strength, and even your mood. Thyroxine, also known as T4, is a type of thyroid hormone. This test measures the level of T4 in your blood.
Thyroid disease is common in women, often under the age of 40. It tends to run in families. You may need a thyroxine test if a family member has ever had thyroid disease or if you have symptoms of having too much thyroid hormone in your blood.
You might have free thyroxine deficiency if you experience the following symptoms:
- Eye issues; dryness, irritation, puffiness, and bulging
- Skin dryness or puffiness
- Hair loss
- Hand tremors
- Changes in heart rate
- Changes in blood pressure
You may also experience more general symptoms such as:
- Weight changes
- Difficulty sleeping or insomnia
- Fatigue and weakness
- Intolerance to cold
- Sensitivity to light
- Menstrual irregularity
Abnormally low levels of T4 may indicate:
- Dietary issues, such as fasting, malnutrition, or an iodine deficiency
- Medications that affect protein levels
- A pituitary problem
If you are experiencing one or more of the above symptoms, it might be worth using our free thyroxine test (ft4) to determine if it is in the normal range.
Test Result: You will receive your test result 3-5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample. You will see your hormone levels in graphics and numbers on your test result. You will also see laboratory comments by Hormone Specialist PhD Dr in the comments: you will find Dr analysis of your hormone levels and what to do next.
- Collect samples from the comfort of your home and post them to our lab.
- The test must be used within 12 months after the purchase date.
- The test kit includes a laboratory fee: no additional laboratory cost and tax.
- Customers are responsible for shipping their samples to the laboratory.
- Discount: Get a 15% discount when you purchase any combination of three tests, whether they are from the same collection or different collections. To avail of this offer, just use the "HLUKWS" discount code during checkout.
How does the test carry out?
This blood spot-based testing tool can be done in the privacy of your home. A simple step of collecting your blood spot for the test is required. Once you provide a blood spot, you need to seal the sample and send it off to us. Your test result report will be emailed to you between 3 and 5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample.
How to Use