FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE (FSH) TESTING KIT (BLOOD SPOT)
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) Testing Kit
- Designed to test for Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and it accurately assesses FSH levels in the body.
- Safe and Easy to use
- Test can be done at the comfort of your home
- Free delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipment to laboratory. Please find more information on shipping page.
- No additional laboratory cost and tax.
An FSH test is a simple blood test. Women might be asked to have this test done at a specific point in their menstrual cycle, usually the first couple of days.
FSH Test for Women
In women, the most common reasons for an FSH test include:
- assessing infertility problems
- assessing irregular menstrual cycles
- diagnosing disorders of the pituitary gland or diseases involving the ovaries
FSH Test for Men
In men, an FSH test may be done to:
- evaluate a low sperm count
- assess hypogonadism or gonadal failure
- assess testicular dysfunction
FSH Test for Children
An FSH test might be used to determine if a child is experiencing precocious puberty, which is early puberty. An FSH test may also be used to determine if a child is experiencing delayed puberty. This occurs when sexual features or organs don’t develop when they should.
High FSH Levels
High FSH Levels in Women
If you’re a woman with high FSH levels, this may indicate:
- a loss of ovarian function, or ovarian failure
- polycystic ovarian syndrome, which is a condition in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance, causing ovarian cysts
- a chromosomal abnormality, such as Turner’s syndrome that occurs when part or all of one of a woman’s X chromosomes is missing
High FSH Levels in Men
If you’re a man with high FSH values, this may indicate:
- Klinefelter’s syndrome, which is a rare condition in men caused by an extra X chromosome that can affect male development
- testicles that are absent or not functioning properly
- testicles that have been damaged by a disease such as alcohol dependence
- testicles that have been damaged by treatments such as X-rays or chemotherapy
High FSH Levels in Children
High FSH levels in children may mean that puberty is about to start.
Low FSH Levels
Low FSH values may indicate that:
- a woman isn’t producing eggs
- a man isn’t producing sperm
- the hypothalamus or pituitary gland, which are the hormone control centers in the brain, aren’t functioning properly
- a tumor is interfering with the brain’s ability to control the production of FSH
The Test Kit Pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use blood spot Collection Kit
- Test Result: You will receive your test result via email within 5-7 working days after Laboratory receives your sample. On your test result you will see your hormone levels in graphics .An easy to understand explanation regarding the functions of the tested hormones by our laboratory professional. You will also see Laboratory's comments on your test result which gives tips and advice on what to do next, a healthy diet, what kind of exercise you should do and some reading materials how to maintain your hormone level balanced.
How to Use