- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) Test is designed for testing Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and accurately assesses FSH levels in the blood.
- Contains Blood Spot collection kit
- Collecting sample easily in comfort of your home or office.
- Delivers results in 3-5 working days after receipt at the laboratory
- Free Delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to laboratory.
- No additional cost.
- Assessing infertility problems
- Assessing irregular menstrual cycles
- Diagnosing disorders of the pituitary gland or diseases involving the ovaries
In men, an FSH test may be done to:
- Evaluate a low sperm count
- Assess hypogonadism or gonadal failure
- Assess testicular dysfunction
An FSH test might be used to determine if a child is experiencing precocious puberty, which is early puberty. An FSH test may also be used to determine if a child is experiencing delayed puberty. This occurs when sexual features or organs don’t develop when they should.
High FSH Levels
High FSH Levels in Women
If you’re a woman with high FSH levels, this may indicate:
- a loss of ovarian function, or ovarian failure
- polycystic ovarian syndrome, which is a condition in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance, causing ovarian cysts
- a chromosomal abnormality, such as Turner’s syndrome that occurs when part or all of one of a woman’s X chromosomes is missing
High FSH Levels in Men
If you’re a man with high FSH values, this may indicate:
- Klinefelter’s syndrome, which is a rare condition in men caused by an extra X chromosome that can affect male development
- testicles that are absent or not functioning properly
- testicles that have been damaged by a disease such as alcohol dependence
- testicles that have been damaged by treatments such as X-rays or chemotherapy
High FSH Levels in Children
High FSH levels in children may mean that puberty is about to start.
Low FSH Levels
Low FSH values may indicate that:
- a woman isn’t producing eggs
- a man isn’t producing sperm
- the hypothalamus or pituitary gland, which are the hormone control centers in the brain, aren’t functioning properly
- a tumour is interfering with the brain’s ability to control the production of FSH
The Test Kit Pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use blood spot Collection Kit
How to Use