DHEA-S (DS) HORMONE TEST KIT (BLOOD SPOT)
DHEA-S (DS) HORMONE TEST KIT
- Designed to assess DHEA-S levels in the blood
- Contains Blood Spot collection kit
- Collecting sample easily in comfort of your home or office.
- Delivers results in 3-5 working days after receipt at the laboratory
- Free Delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to laboratory.
- No additional cost.
The Test Kit Pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use blood spot Collection Kit
What is DHEA-S?
DHEA-S (dehydroepiandrosterone) is an endogenous hormone that is secreted by the adrenal gland. DHEA-S can produce various hormones like estrogen, progesterone, cortisone, and testosterone. While maintaining regular exercise it increases the production of DHEA-S level in the body, this level also tends to decrease as people age in time, particularly after the age 30. People with anorexia, end-stage kidney disease, type 2 diabetes (non-insulin dependent diabetes), AIDS, adrenal insufficiency, and those critically ill are believed to have low DHEA-S level.
Our DHEA-S blood spot Hormone Test is precisely designed to test your blood for the levels of DHEA-S that is taken up by various tissues in your body.
Common symptoms associated with deficiency of DHEA-S are:
Sometimes we do not recognise what is causing us to experience depression, extreme fatigue, or muscle weakness, all the more we needed to test our hormone level, as these symptoms might be caused by DHEA-S imbalance. Other symptoms that are present in this case are
- Joint pains
- Dryness in skin and eyes
- Weak immune system
- Insulin resistance
- Sleeping disorders
- Addison's disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Bad memory
- Extreme fatigue/Lower stamina
- Lowered Libido (especially in females)
- Less bones & muscle mass
- Joint pain
- Less hair growth in underarms
- Inability to lose weight
Therefore it is essential for you to regularly check your DHEA-S levels and keep a track of your current condition by using the hormone level imbalance testing kit. This product is a painless process as it does not require any needles or other instruments like other blood testing requires.
How does the test is carried out?
This blood spot-based testing tool can be done in the privacy of your own home and allows you to routinely monitor the level of DHEA-S within your body. A simple step of collecting your blood spot for the test is required. Once you provide blood spot you need to seal the sample and send it off to us.
After your sample arrives our laboratory you will receive your test results within 7 working days. Your test result will be kept confidential and your data will not be shared with anyone else.
How to Use