high sensitivity c-reactive protein (hs-crp) test is designed for testing hs-crp and accurately assesses hs-crp level in the body.
- Contains Blood Spot collection kit
- Collecting sample easily in comfort of your home or office.
- High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (hs-crp) Test delivers results in 3-5 working days after receipt at the laboratory
- Free Delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to laboratory.
- No additional cost.
C-reactive protein (CRP) is an established marker of inflammation and has recently been suggested to be an important contributor to the pro-inflammatory and prothrombotic elements of cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk.
Extremely high CRP levels are seen in acute inflammatory states, but the small elevations that are indicative of the pro-inflammatory and pro -thrombotic states implicated in the metabolic syndrome require high sensitivity assays, and are thus referred to as hs-CRP levels.
Studies have shown correlations between
elevated hs-CRP and increased risk of
future heart attacks, ischemic stroke, and
peripheral arterial disease. Overweight,
obese, insulin resistant, and diabetic individuals typically have elevated hs-CRP
levels; elevations in hs-CRP levels have
also been found to predict the development
of diabetes. Lifestyle changes such as aerobic exercise, weight loss, and smoking
cessation lower hs-CRP levels.
Levels below 3.0 mg/L are considered to
be normal; 3.1—10 mg/L is elevated, in
the context of CVD risk, and above 10 mg/
L is very high, more likely indicating an
acute inflammatory event due to infection
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use blood spot Collection Kit
How to Use