SKIN VITALITY PROFILE (SALIVA AND BLOOD SPOT)
SKIN VITALITY PROFILE
- Tests included in the Profile: Estradiol (E2), Estriol (E3), Progesterone (Pg),Testosterone (T), DHEA-S (DS), Diurnal Cortisol (Cx4), Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) & Vitamin D (D2, D3)
- Safe and Easy to use
- Test can be done at the comfort of your home
- Free delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipment to laboratory(*).
- No additional laboratory cost and tax.
- A Simple, Convenient, At-Home Testing Option: The Skin Vitality Profile is a simple test kit containing materials and instructions for collecting a dried blood spot sample and four saliva samples throughout a day, at the patient’s convenience. Samples are mailed directly to lab for analysis.
- The range of hormones tested in the profile can help health care providers identify where patients might have hormone deficiencies or excesses that are contributing to their skin problems. This can lead to treatment of previously undiagnosed conditions such as a thyroid disorder or PCOS, or adjustment or initiation of hormone replacement therapy when hormone levels are either too high or too low.
- Test Result: You will receive your test result via email within 5-7 working days after Laboratory receives your sample. On your test result you will see your hormone levels in graphics .An easy to understand explanation regarding the functions of the tested hormones by our laboratory professional. You will also see Laboratory's comments on your test result which gives tips and advice on what to do next, a healthy diet, what kind of exercise you should do and some reading materials how to maintain your hormone level balanced.
- Measures bioavailable hormone levels
- Reflects absorption of hormones in topical skin treatments
- Test report correlates hormone levels with symptoms
- Shelf stable samples shipped back via regular mail
- No phlebotomist required
Everyone wants healthy, radiant skin, but popular cosmetic cover-ups and anti-aging creams that work on the surface don't get to the root of stubborn skin problems.
Diet, stress, sleep loss and sun damage are several obvious factors that influence how skin looks. Far less obvious - and often overlooked - is the hormonal connection that is vital to youthful skin.
How Hormone Imbalance Impacts Skin
Diets high in sugars and refined carbs stimulate overproduction of the androgens (testosterone and DHEA), triggering acne and oily skin, and potentially excess facial or body hair. High cortisol stress hormones also disrupt with skin rashes and breakouts.
Likewise stress, smoking, junk food and lack of sleep can accelerate hormone losses, making us look old before our time.
With such a high concentration of hormone receptors in the skin - especially on the face - it's no wonder that signs of premature aging are more obvious there.
BAD SKIN? IT COULD BE YOUR HORMONES
Do the following symptoms sound familiar?
If two or more of these symptoms persist, testing can identify whether it's a hormone imbalance. Skin problem associated with Hormonal imbalances can include:
- Increased wrinkles
- Decreased skin elasticity
- Acne/oily skin
- Melasma (dark patches) or erythema (redness)
- Hirsutism (excessive hair) or hair loss
- Male pattern baldness
- Puffy eyes/face; dry, thinning skin/hair/eyebrows; brittle nails
- Skin rashes/eczema
- Sleep deprivation
- Skin dryness
- Thinning or rough, coarse skin
- Slow wound healing
- increase or decrease sweating
Simple testing can reveal whether hormones are secretly sabotaging your skincare efforts.
Many physical changes occur on the skin, so understanding how hormones - or a lack of them - impact skin vitality sheds new light on effective treatments for hormone-deprived patients.
If these symptoms sound familiar, your patients are likely to benefit from testing:
- Over-stressed women with premature wrinkling - as young as 30
- Women with PCOS-related hirsutism or male pattern baldness
- Teens or adults with acne
- Individuals with thinning skin and hair with low thyroid symptoms
- Individuals with unexplained skin rashes, eczema or psoriasis
DON'T LET THESE SYMPTOMS GO UNEXPLAINED AND UNSOLVED.
Hormone imbalance can be an underlying factor for a wide variety of dermatological symptoms. Testing allows providers to:
- Explain premature skin aging linked to hormone deprivation
- Identify hidden causes of chronic, unexplained skin conditions
- Monitor hormone levels in people using skin creams and topical anti-aging treatments to detect possible over-exposure to hormones absorbed through the skin
The pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Vial(s) for collecting saliva and blood (dry blood spot)
- Instructions on How to Use Collection Kit
- Thinning or rough, coarse skin
* Shipping To Laboratory: Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to ZRT Laboratory based in USA. Shipping usually cost between £5-£8 if the customer send via Royal Mail (Post Office) and it usually takes 3-5 working days to reach the Laboratory. Your sample usually remain fresh up to 30 days.