- Insulin Test Kit (In) is designed to test for Insulin (In) and it accurately assesses Insulin level in the body.
- Contains Blood Spot collection kit
- Test sample can be collected at the comfort of your home
- Free delivery in the UK (International delivery from £3.99)
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to laboratory.
- Test kit includes laboratory fee. No additional laboratory cost and tax.
- Test Result: You will receive your test result via email within 3-5 working days after Laboratory receives your sample. On your test result you will see your hormone levels in graphics and numbers. You will also see Laboratory's comments by Hormone Specialist Phd Dr. on your test result which suggests a healthy diet, what kind of exercise you should do and some reading materials how to maintain your hormone level balanced. After receiving your test result we strongly recommend you to show your test result to your GP and see if you need any treatment or further action needs to be taken.
- Test must be used within 12 months after purchase date.
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use blood spot Collection Kit
- Shipping Instruction
- Return Envelope
Blood levels of insulin 2 hours after a meal are now becoming an important indicator of both diabetes progression and cardiovascular disease risk. In non-diabetics, elevated postprandial insulin may be a better marker of cardiovascular disease risk than fasting insulin. In individuals with diabetes, postprandial levels become lower as diabetes progresses and beta-cell responsiveness deteriorates, indicating worsening of blood sugar control. In nondiabetics, whose pancreatic beta cell function is normal, insulin levels usually return to normal (1-15 μIU/mL) within 2 hours after eating a typical breakfast meal. Elevated postprandial insulin levels have been strongly linked with coronary artery disease risk in non-diabetics.
How to Use