Weight Management Profile With Cardio and Thyroid Test (Blood Spot and Saliva)
- Aids in early detection of insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Includes following Hormone Tests:
- Blood Spot:Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Vitamin D (D2, D3), Fasting Insulin (In), Haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c);
- Saliva Test: Estradiol (E2), Progesterone (Pg), Testosterone (T), DHEA(S), Diurnal 4x Cortisol (Cx4).
- Additional Blood Spot Test For Cardio: High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (hsCRP), Triglycerides (TG), Total Cholesterol (CH), LDL Cholesterol (LDL), VLDL Cholesterol (VLDL), HDL Cholesterol (HDL)
- Additional Blood Spot Test For Thyroid: Free Triodothyronine, (FT3), Free Thryoxine (FT4), Hydroid Peroxidase Antibody (TPO)
- Test requires Saliva and Blood (dry blood spot) sample
- Contains Saliva and Blood Spot collection kit
- Collecting sample easily in comfort of your home or office.
- Delivers results in 3-5 working days after receipt at the laboratory
- Free Delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to laboratory.
- No additional cost
- Click to see Sample Test Result Report
Our innovative Weight Management Profile detects hormonal imbalances that contribute to obesity, weight gain and difficulty losing or sustaining a healthy weight. Used as a screening tool, the profile also serves as a powerful early indicator of insulin resistance and risks for metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
- Identify hormonal imbalances associated with weight gain and obesity
- Detect early risk markers for insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and diabetes
Who Benefits from Profile Testing?
Menopausal women/andropausal men with unexplained weight gain, obesity, abdominal fat, high BMI (body mass index), hypo metabolism. Commonly related symptoms include loss of lean muscle, increased appetite and/or sugar cravings, chronic stress, and low thyroid symptoms.
Advantages of Saliva and Blood Spot Testing
- Convenient sample collection at home - no phlebotomist required
- Easy shipment of samples from home to the lab
- Samples stable for several weeks at room temperature
- Excellent correlation with serum/plasma assays
The Weight Management Profile allows providers to identify specific hormone imbalances associated with excess weight gain or obesity, vitamin D deficiency, and hypothyroidism in their patients. As a risk assessment panel it allows for early detection of insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes. The comprehensive test report is designed to help clinicians recommend effective treatments to rebalance hormone levels, address vitamin D and thyroid deficiencies, reduce overall risk for metabolic syndrome, and potentially avoid the onset of type 2 diabetes.
Our Laboratory was one of the first labs to develop saliva and dried blood spot testing and to commercialize this convenient, accurate method of testing for hormone imbalance and early disease indicators. Patients can collect samples at the optimal time with minimal disruption to their lives and work schedules.