Progesterone (Pg) Hormone Test Kit (Saliva)
- Progesterone Saliva Hormone Test Kit designed to effectively assess progesterone level in the body.
- The test identifies any hidden progesterone imbalances within your body, either in deficiency or excessive form that is correlated with symptoms of menopause.
- Non-invasive and safe to use. The kit proves to be less expensive and hassle-free as it does not require you to book a laboratory appointment.
- Delivers accurate results within 7 working days once the sample is received by the laboratory
- Free Delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipment to laboratory. Please find more information on shipping page.
- No additional cost and tax.
These symptoms are often brought into connection with a progesterone deficiency.
What is Progesterone?
Progesterone is the hormone steroid that is produced by the body which regulates menstrual cycle and it is involved with the female menstrual cycle during pregnancy. This test is specifically designed to measure your progesterone levels in order for you to know if there are any problems which are affecting you or could do so in the future regarding progesterone within your body.
How Does This Test Help?
A simple procedure of placing your saliva into the test tube is required. Once the test tube is placed, seal the sample and send the test tube to us for analysis.
Once the laboratory completes testing, the results will be sent to you within 7 working days.
This test also helps in correcting administration of medication as it produces highly reliable results, therfore; it eliminates any worries of you experiencing further illnesses or medical conditions.
Best tested together with Estradiol (see Progesterone and Estradiol Profile) , as an imbalance of these two hormones is associated with major symptoms of menopause and disorders of the reproductive system.
Your results will be kept confidential and your data will not be shared with any third parties
The pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Vial(s) for collecting saliva
- Instructions on How to Use Saliva Collection Kit
Saliva testing is used for measuring hormones like cortisol, estrogen and testosterone, and its non-invasive collection asks patients to spit into a plastic tube. This sampling method allows patients to collect saliva at home at specific times, which is important for accurately measuring hormone levels.
Why do we test hormones in saliva? Steroid hormones in the bloodstream are 95-99% bound to carrier proteins, and in this form are unavailable to target tissues. Saliva testing measures the amount of hormone available to target tissues – the bioavailable amount. For this reason, saliva testing better relates to specific symptoms of excess or deficiency, and is a good option for monitoring hormone therapy.
ZRT is one of the first labs to measure hormones in saliva, and helped establish the method that made saliva hormone testing commercially viable for health care providers and patients around the globe.
Today’s Most Advanced Saliva Testing
How to Use