Free Triiodothyronine (ft3) Test measures the level of triiodothyronine (T3) in blood. T3 is one of two major hormones made by your thyroid, a small, butterfly-shaped gland located near the throat. The other hormone, thyroxine (T4.) T3 and T4, work together to regulate how your body uses energy.
These hormones also play an essential role in controlling:
- Your weight
- Body temperature
- Muscle strength
- Nervous system
Free triiodothyronine (ft3) is the active thyroid hormone that regulates the metabolic activity of cells. If your test result shows an imbalance in your free triiodothyronine (ft3), we strongly suggest you show your test result to your GP or healthcare provider.
If you are experiencing one or more of the symptoms below, we recommend using this test.
Symptoms, you may need a T3 test are:
- Weight loss
- Tremors in the hands
- Increased heart rate
- Bulging of the eyes
- Trouble sleeping
- Low tolerance for heat
- More frequent bowel movements
Test Result: You will receive your test result 3-5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample. You will see your hormone levels in graphics and numbers on your test result. You will also see laboratory comments by Hormone Specialist PhD Dr in the comments: you will find Dr analysis of your hormone levels and what to do next.
- Collect samples from the comfort of your home and post them to our lab.
- The test must be used within 12 months after the purchase date.
- The test kit includes a laboratory fee: no additional laboratory cost and tax.
- Customers are responsible for shipping their samples to the laboratory.
- Discount: Get a 15% discount when you purchase any combination of three tests, whether they are from the same collection or different collections. To avail of this offer, just use the "HLUKWS" discount code during checkout.
How does the test carry out?
This blood spot-based testing tool can be done in the privacy of your home. A simple step of collecting your blood spot for the test is required. Once you provide a blood spot, you need to seal the sample and send it off to us. Your test result report will be emailed to you between 3 and 5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample.
How to Use