FERTILITY PROFILE (SALIVA AND BLOOD SPOT)
- Assesses hormones associated with fertility. Includes 15 Hormone Test. blood spot: Estradiol (E2), Progesterone (Pg), Testosterone (T), DHEA-S (DS),Free Triodothyronine (FT3), Free Thryoxine (FT4), Hydroid Peroxidase Antibody (TPO), Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), Luteinizing Hormone (LH): Saliva: Diurnal 4x Cortisol.
- Test requires Saliva and Blood (dry blood spot) sample
- Easy and convenient in comfort of your own home
- Free delivery in the UK and Ireland
- After Laboratory receives your sample you will receive your test result in 7 days.
- Customers are responsible for shipment to laboratory. Please find more information about shipping on shipping page.
- No additional Charges and Tax.
- Safe and Easy to use
The Test Kit Pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use blood spot and Saliva Collection Kit
- Test Result: You will receive your test result via email within 5-7 working days after Laboratory receives your sample. On your test result you will see your hormone levels in graphics .An easy to understand explanation regarding the functions of the tested hormones by our laboratory professional. You will also see Laboratory's comments on your test result which gives tips and advice.
Many women become pregnant easily, but for others this may require some assistance. ZRT’s Fertility Profile can help if you:
- Have hormonal symptoms
- Have been trying to conceive for more than six months
- Are in your mid 30's or older
- Have had difficulty sustaining pregnancy in the past
- Know infertility runs in your family
- Want to assess your fertility status
Progesterone produced by the ovaries during the second half of
the menstrual cycle is essential for preparing the uterus for
implantation of the fertilized egg. In some patients, ovulation and
fertilization of the egg may occur normally but progesterone is
not produced in sufficient amounts to sustain pregnancy.
Low levels of the thyroid hormones fT3 and fT4 may prevent
ovulation, which can be indicated by no periods or irregular
cycles. Autoimmune thyroid issues, resulting in elevated levels
of antibodies to the thyroid gland can increase the risk of
PCOS (POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME)
PCOS affects between 6% and 15% of women during their reproductive years. PCOS is a common cause of ovulation problems, weight issues, and miscarriages. Once PCOS is recognized and treated, many women are able to become pregnant.
LOW EGG RESERVE
Declining egg production is the primary reason for the age-related decline in fertility. A low egg reserve can also be caused by premature ovarian failure.
Stress affects ovulation due to its effect on the endocrine system. High cortisol can inhibit ovulation, where low cortisol can affect the immune changes necessary for implantation to occur. Stress may also lead to the development of endometriosis, which is found in more than 50% of women with unexplained infertility.
Established in 1998 and now celebrating 15 years of success, ZRT is a CLIA certified diagnostic laboratory and the leader in hormone and wellness testing. We provide accurate and meaningful test results that assist healthcare providers in making informed treatment decisions.