SLEEP BALANCE PROFILE (URINE SPOT)
Sleep Balance Profile
- Sleep Balance (DRIED URINE: Melatonin (MT6s) x 4, Free Cortisol x 4
- Safe and Easy to use
- Test can be done at the comfort of your home
- Free delivery in the UK and Ireland
- Customers are responsible for shipment to laboratory. Please see more information on shipping page.
- No additional laboratory cost and tax.
The Test Kit Pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Instructions on How to Use Urine Spot Collection Kit
- Test Result: You will receive your test result via email within 5-7 working days after Laboratory receives your sample. On your test result you will see your hormone levels in graphics .An easy to understand explanation regarding the functions of the tested hormones by our laboratory professional. You will also see Laboratory's comments on your test result which gives tips and advice on what to do next, a healthy diet, what kind of exercise you should do and some reading materials how to maintain your hormone level balanced.
- No more 2:00 am wake-ups-more accurate results
- Measures hormones at 4 time points
- Provide a true 24-hour sleep-wake pattern
- No jug urine collection
Hidden Barriers to Restful Sleep
Due to life and work life style many people suffering from some degree of insomnia, it’s surprising that many are still unaware of the connection between hormones and sleep.
Several hormones are key to the sleep-wake cycle, and an imbalance of these levels can sabotage slumber night after sleepless night.
HORMONES & YOUR SLEEP
Many adults are losing sleep because of stress – the constant companion of modern life.
Cortisol is the hormone released by our bodies in response to stress, and chronically elevated levels are known to impair our ability to sleep.
Additionally, the gradual decline in production of the sleep hormone melatonin as we age triggers imbalances directly related to sleeping.
UNDERSTANDING THE SLEEP-WAKE CYCLE
In a perfect world, the master stress hormone cortisol should be in sync with the master sleep hormone melatonin.
Each hormone counter-balances the other in a precise rhythm – when cortisol is high melatonin should be low, and when melatonin is high cortisol should be low.
When this balance is upset, we find ourselves longing for sleep that never comes.
THE DOWNSIDE OF CHRONIC SLEEP LOSS
The benefits of adequate sleep cannot be overstated.
According to the Department of Health & Human Services, over a third of adults report daytime sleepiness so severe it interferes with work, decision making and social functioning.
In fact, depression, obesity and diabetes are just three of the long term consequences of sleep deprivation – defined as six or fewer hours per night.
LOSING SLEEP? IT COULD BE HORMONES.
If two or more of these symptoms persist, testing can identify whether it’s a hormone imbalance:
- Can’t get to sleep or stay asleep
- Frequent or early waking
- Morning or evening fatigue
- Feeling “tired but wired”
- High stress
- Irritability / impaired performance
- Hunger / sugar cravings
- Weight gain
Simple testing can release whether hormones are the hidden barrier to your restful sleep.