- Cortisol Level Test (Awakening Response) accurately assesses DHEAS & Cortisol hormone levels 6 times during the day.
- Cortisol Level Test ( Awakening Response) – also called CAR – reveals more detailed clues that help in assessing adrenal hormone/HPA Axis dysfunction. This hormone testing is often useful for cases of PTSD, major depression, chronic fatigue syndrome and other severe stress conditions.
- During a normal cortisol awakening response, adrenal hormone levels should increase 50% in the first 30 minutes after waking for the day and then begin to progressively drop through the afternoon and evening. To capture this response, three – rather than one – morning saliva collections are needed to properly chart the diurnal cortisol curve.
- Test requires saliva sample
- Contains saliva collection kit
- Test sample can be collected at the comfort of your home
- Free delivery in the UK (International delivery from £3.99)
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to laboratory.
- Test kit includes laboratory fee. No additional laboratory cost and tax.
- Test Result: You will receive your test result via email within 3-5 working days after Laboratory receives your sample. On your test result you will see your hormone levels in graphics and numbers. You will also see Laboratory's comments by Hormone Specialist Phd Dr. on your test result which suggests a healthy diet, what kind of exercise you should do and some reading materials how to maintain your hormone level balanced. After receiving your test result we strongly recommend you to show your test result to your GP and see if you need any treatment or further action needs to be taken.
- Test must be used within 12 months after purchase date.
The Test Kit pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Contains collection instructions
- Vial(s) for collecting saliva and blood (dry blood spot) Card
- Instructions on How to Use Collection Kit
- Return Envelope
- Shipping instruction
6-Tube Collection: Six cortisol collections in 24 hours is the most common method for assessing CAR. Start saliva collection within five minutes of waking for the day, followed by a second sample at 30 minutes, and a third sample at 60 minutes. The rest of the diurnal rhythm can be assessed at the normal time intervals – noon, evening and night (shown below).
4-Tube Collection: Alternately, CAR can be assessed with four cortisol collections in 24 hours. When using this method, collect a sample immediately upon waking, 30 minutes after waking, then at noon or evening, and night.
Cortisol awakening response symptomsSymptoms associated with imbalance Cortisol are ;
- Female Low Cortisol Deficiency Symptoms: Aches & pains, Allergies, Blood pressure low, Blood sugar low, Body temperature cold, Chemical sensitivity, Fatigue- evening, Fatigue – morning, Fibromyalgia, Pulse rate slow, Stamina decreased, Stress and Sugar carvings
- Female High Cortisol Deficiency Symptoms: Anxious, Blood pressure high, Bone loss, Breast cancer, Depressed, Foggy thinking, Hot flashes, Infertility, Irritable, Memory lapse, Muscle size decreased, Nervous, Night sweats, Rapid aging, Rapid heartbeat, Skin thinning, Sleep disturbance, Stress, Uterine fibroids and Weight gain – waist.
- Male Low Cortisol Deficiency Symptoms: Allergies, Apathy, Blood pressure low, Blood sugar los, Body temperature cold, Burned out feeling, Chemical sensitivity, Depressed, Dizzy spells, Fatigue – evening, Fatigue – mental, Fatigue – morning, Infertility, Irritable, Joint pain, Mental Sharpness decreased, Neck or back pain, Pulse rate slow, Stamina decreased, Stress, Sugar carvings, Swelling or puffy eyes/face.
- Male High Cortisol Deficiency Symptoms: Anxious, Blood pressure high, Body temperature cold, Bones loss, Depressed, Erection decreased, Forgetfulness, Hot flashes, Libido decreased, Metal sharpness decreased, Muscle size decreased, Nervous, Night sweats, Rapid aging, Skin thinning, Sleeping difficulty, Stress, Sugar carvings, Triglycerides elevated, Weight gain – waist.
- Experiencing depression,
- Extreme fatigue,
- Muscle weakness,
- Joint pains,
- Dryness in skin and eyes,
- Weak immune system,
- Insulin resistance,
- Sleeping disorders,
- Addison's disease,
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS),
- Bad memory,
- Lower stamina,
- Lowered Libido (especially in females),
- Less bones & muscle mass,
- Less hair growth in underarms and inability to lose weight.
How to Use