The Cortisol Profile Test (Diurnal) is a specialised diagnostic test designed to assess the levels of cortisol hormone at four specific time points throughout the day. It is suitable for both men and women, aiming to identify any potential imbalances in cortisol secretion within the body. This test utilises saliva samples to analyse the cortisol hormone levels at the following time intervals:
- Cortisol Hormone in the Morning (C): This sample measures the cortisol levels upon waking up in the morning, typically within the first half hour after rising from sleep. It provides insights into the body's ability to initiate the cortisol awakening response, which is crucial in regulating energy, metabolism, and stress response throughout the day.
- Cortisol Hormone at Noon (C): This sample assesses the cortisol levels during the midday period, usually around midday or early afternoon. It helps evaluate the body's ability to maintain an appropriate cortisol rhythm and respond to stressors during the active phase of the day.
- Cortisol Hormone in the Evening (C): This sample measures the cortisol levels in the evening, typically between late afternoon and early evening. It reflects the body's ability to gradually decrease cortisol production as the day progresses, preparing for the sleep phase and promoting relaxation and restoration.
- Cortisol Hormone at Night (C): This sample evaluates the cortisol levels during the nighttime, usually just before going to bed or during the initial stages of sleep. It offers insights into the body's ability to regulate cortisol secretion during the restorative sleep phase, which is essential for proper recovery, repair, and overall well-being.
By analyzing these four cortisol measurements, the Cortisol Profile Test provides a comprehensive assessment of the diurnal cortisol pattern, enabling healthcare professionals to detect any abnormalities or dysregulation in cortisol secretion throughout the day. This information can be valuable in diagnosing and managing conditions related to adrenal function, stress response, energy regulation, sleep disturbances, and overall hormonal balance.
- Saliva Testing: The Cortisol Profile Test utilizes saliva samples for hormone analysis. Saliva testing offers several benefits, including non-invasiveness, convenience, and accuracy in assessing hormone levels. Collecting samples from the comfort of your home makes the process simple and stress-free.
- Comprehensive Test Results: The test provides detailed and comprehensive results. You will receive your test result within 3-5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample. The results will include both graphical and numerical representations of your hormone levels, allowing for easy interpretation and understanding.
- Expert Analysis: The test result will also include laboratory comments from a Hormone Specialist PhD Dr This analysis by the specialist provides additional insights into your hormone levels and offers guidance on the next steps to take based on the findings. This personalized feedback can help you better understand your hormonal balance and make informed decisions regarding your health.
- Suitable for All: The Cortisol Profile Test is suitable for both adults and children, making it a versatile diagnostic tool for assessing cortisol imbalance in individuals of all ages.
- Extended Shelf Life: The test kit must be used within 12 months after the purchase date, providing flexibility for individuals to take the test at a convenient time while ensuring accurate and reliable results.
- All-Inclusive Kit: The test kit includes a laboratory fee, meaning there are no additional costs or taxes associated with the analysis. This transparency allows for easy budgeting and eliminates any surprises in the billing process.
- Convenient Shipping: Customers are responsible for shipping their samples to the laboratory. The test kit provides clear instructions on how to package and send the samples, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free shipping process.
- How and when to Collect your saliva samples: Saliva Testing Instructions
- Click to see >> Sample Saliva Test Result Report
- Discount: Get a 15% discount when you purchase any combination of three tests, whether they are from the same collection or different collections. To avail of this offer, just use the "HLUKWS" discount code during checkout.
In summary, the Cortisol Profile Test (Diurnal) offers the convenience of saliva testing, comprehensive and detailed results, expert analysis by a Hormone Specialist PhD Dr, suitability for adults and children, an extended shelf life, an all-inclusive kit with no additional costs, and convenient sample shipping. These features make it a valuable tool for assessing cortisol imbalance and gaining insights into hormonal health.
Symptoms Associated with Cortisol Deficiency in Men and Women
Cortisol deficiency, also known as adrenal insufficiency, can lead to various symptoms in both men and women. These symptoms may vary in severity and presentation from person to person. Here is a list of common symptoms associated with cortisol deficiency:
- Stress: Cortisol plays a crucial role in regulating the body's response to stress. A cortisol deficiency can result in an impaired stress response, making individuals more susceptible to feeling overwhelmed and having difficulty coping with stressors.
- Fatigue: A lack of cortisol can contribute to persistent fatigue and a feeling of low energy throughout the day. Individuals may struggle to find the motivation and stamina to engage in daily activities.
- Hypertension: Cortisol helps regulate blood pressure levels. When cortisol levels are insufficient, it can lead to elevated blood pressure, potentially resulting in hypertension.
- Weight Gain: Cortisol deficiency can disrupt metabolism and lead to weight gain, particularly around the abdominal area. Individuals may find it challenging to lose weight or notice an increased body fat percentage.
- Water Retention: Insufficient cortisol can disrupt fluid balance in the body, leading to water retention and bloating.
- Low Libido: Cortisol deficiency may contribute to a decrease in sex drive and reduced interest in sexual activities.
- Lack of Coping with Stress: Without adequate cortisol levels, individuals may experience difficulties in adapting and responding to stressors effectively. They may feel overwhelmed and emotionally drained and find it challenging to manage daily stressors.
- Exhaustion: Chronic fatigue and feelings of exhaustion can be prominent symptoms of cortisol deficiency. Individuals may struggle to maintain their energy levels and may require more rest and recovery time.
- Lack of Strength: Cortisol deficiency can lead to a decrease in muscle strength and endurance. Individuals may find it more challenging to engage in physical activities and experience muscle weakness.
- Daytime Tiredness: Fatigue and drowsiness during the day, even after a full night's sleep, can be a symptom of cortisol deficiency.
- Low Blood Pressure: Insufficient cortisol levels can contribute to low blood pressure, leading to symptoms such as dizziness and lightheadedness upon standing up.
- Irritability and Mood Swings: Cortisol deficiency can affect emotional regulation, leading to irritability, mood swings, and feelings of nervousness.
- Depressive Moods: Lower cortisol levels may contribute to feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and depressive symptoms.
- Digestive Problems: Cortisol deficiency can impact digestion and contribute to symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, and irregular bowel movements.
- Cravings for Sweet and Salty Foods: Cortisol deficiency may result in specific food cravings, particularly for sweet and salty foods.
How does our full-day saliva Cortisol test kit work?
Our full-day saliva Cortisol test kit provides a comprehensive assessment of cortisol hormone levels throughout the day. It is a simple and effective way to measure cortisol levels and determine if they deviate from the normal standard.
To use the test kit, you will collect saliva samples at different time points during the day. The specific time intervals will allow us to capture variations in cortisol levels that may occur in response to different activities and stressors.
Once you have collected the samples, you will send them to our laboratory for analysis. Our expert team will assess your cortisol levels and compare them to the standard range. This comparison will help identify whether your cortisol levels are too high or too low, indicating potential imbalances.
The full-day saliva Cortisol test is particularly beneficial if you have been experiencing high stress levels or have noticed complications that could be linked to cortisol level fluctuations. By evaluating your cortisol profile, the test provides valuable insights into your body's stress response and hormone regulation.
Based on the test results, our Hormone Specialist PhD Dr will provide analysis and recommendations in the laboratory comments section of your test report. This personalized feedback will help you understand the implications of your cortisol levels and guide you on potential next steps for managing your hormone balance.
In summary, our full-day saliva Cortisol test kit is an effective tool for assessing cortisol levels throughout the day. It offers valuable information about potential imbalances in cortisol levels, which can be associated with stress and other complications. With our expert analysis and personalized recommendations, you can gain a better understanding of your hormone levels and take appropriate measures to support your overall well-being.
How to use: