Progesterone and Estradiol Hormone Test (Pg & E2) is for analysing and measuring progesterone and estradiol (Estrogen) levels effectively in the blood. This test identifies any hidden progesterone and estradiol imbalances within your blood, either in deficiency or excessive form that is correlated with symptoms of menopause. An imbalance of these two hormones is associated with major symptoms of menopause and disorders of the reproductive system.
- Test can be used for both men and women.
- Test sample can be collected at the comfort of your home
- Free delivery in the UK
- Customers are responsible for shipping their sample to the laboratory.
- Test kit includes laboratory fee: no additional laboratory cost and tax.
- Test Result: You will receive your test result via email within 3-5 working days after Laboratory receives your sample. On your test result, you will find your hormone levels in graphics and numbers. You will also find laboratory's comments made by Hormone Specialist PhD Dr. In the comment section Doctor will explain your hormone levels and what to do next such as changing your diet, start exercises, using the supplement or start hormone therapy.
- Test must be used within 12 months after purchase date.
Test Kit Pack includes:
- Test Requisition Form includes Symptom Checklist.
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history.
- Test kit contains sample collection tools (blood spot card and finger pricks).
- Instructions for how to use the blood spot collection kit.
- Shipping Instruction.
- Return Envelope.
Progesterone Imbalance (Deficiency ) in Men and Women
Progesterone deficiency may cause decreased fertility, heavy or painful periods, irregular periods, mood swings, hot flashes, tender or fibrocystic breasts, urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness, backache, bloating, bone loss, irritability, loss of muscle mass, low libido, memory lapses, mood swings, nervousness, poor concentration, sleep disturbances, weight gain, nausea, vomiting and depression.
Signs and Symptoms of Female Estradiol Hormone Imbalance are
- Poor concentration,
- Tender or fibrocystic breasts,
- Decreased fertility,
- Hot flashes,
- Heavy or painful periods,
- Irregular periods,
- Mood swings,
- Sleep disturbances,
- Uterine bleeding,
- Vaginal dryness,
Signs and Symptoms of Male Estradiol Hormone Imbalance are
- Decreased mental clarity,
- Decreased muscle strength,
- Decreased stamina,
- Decreased urine flow,
- Erectile dysfunction,
- Hot flashes,
- Increased abdominal fat,
- Increased urge to urinate,
- Low sex drive,
- Mood swings,
- Night sweat,
- Poor concentration and
- Sleep disturbances.
Estradiol is a critical part of the sexual and reproductive function – acting as an anti-oxidant neuroprotective agent and known to be profoundly associated with bone growth. Estradiol is also suspected of playing a significant role in breast cancer and uterine endometrial lining.
Progesterone is the hormone steroid that is produced by the body which regulates the menstrual cycle, and it is involved with the female menstrual cycle during pregnancy. This test is specifically designed to measure your progesterone levels in order for you to know if there are any problems which are affecting you or could do so in the future regarding progesterone within your body.
How Does This Test Help?
A simple procedure of providing blood spot and seal the sample and send the sample to us for analysis. Once the laboratory completes testing, the results will be sent to you via email between 3-5 working days. This test also helps in correcting the administration of medication as it produces highly reliable results; therefore; it eliminates any worries of you experiencing further illnesses or medical conditions.
The kit proves to be less expensive and hassle-free as it does not require you to book a laboratory appointment.