The Luteinizing hormone (LH), a glycoprotein hormone produced by the anterior pituitary, is essential for reproduction in both men and women. The Luteinizing (Lh) Test Kit is designed to test for Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and accurately assesses LH levels in the blood.
In women, controlled by a negative feedback loop involving several ovarian hormones, gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) is secreted in pulses from the hypothalamus, which stimulates LH production from the pituitary gland. As a result, a surge of LH production lasting around 48 hours occurs at the end of the follicular phase in a regular menstrual cycle. This sudden burst of LH causes luteinisation of the ovarian follicles and triggers ovulation.
In men, LH acts on the Leydig cells of the testes to stimulate the production of testosterone, which is necessary for sexual function and spermatogenesis. LH levels are helpful for the clinical assessment of infertility: low levels in men can result in hypogonadism and insufficient sperm production. In women, LH levels are used to determine the occurrence of ovulation for couples trying to conceive. High LH levels are seen in polycystic ovarian syndrome, and in precocious puberty, levels are similar to those seen in reproductive-age individuals instead of the lower levels normally seen in children.
Test Result: You will receive your test result 3-5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample. You will see your hormone levels in graphics and numbers on your test result. You will also see laboratory comments by Hormone Specialist PhD Dr in the comments: you will find Dr analysis of your hormone levels and what to do next.
- Collect samples from the comfort of your home and post them to our lab.
- The test must be used within 12 months after the purchase date.
- The test kit includes a laboratory fee: no additional laboratory cost and tax.
- Customers are responsible for shipping their samples to the laboratory.
- Discount: Get a 15% discount when you purchase any combination of three tests, whether they are from the same collection or different collections. To avail of this offer, just use the "HLUKWS" discount code during checkout.
How does the test carry out?
This blood spot-based testing tool can be done in the privacy of your home. A simple step of collecting your blood spot for the test is required. Once you provide a blood spot, you need to seal the sample and send it off to us. Your test result report will be emailed to you between 3 and 5 working days after the laboratory receives your sample.
How to Use