Progesterone is the hormone steroid produced by the body, which regulates the menstrual cycle and is involved with the female menstrual cycle during pregnancy. This test is specifically designed to measure your progesterone levels to know if there are any problems affecting you or could do so in the future regarding progesterone within your body.
- Test Result: After the laboratory receives your sample, you can expect to receive your test result within 3-5 working days. This allows for a relatively quick turnaround time for obtaining your progesterone hormone level analysis.
- Hormone Level Presentation: Your test result will include clear graphics and numerical values displaying your progesterone hormone levels. This visual representation makes it easy to understand and interpret your results.
- Laboratory Comments: The test result will also include comments from a Hormone Specialist PhD Dr These expert comments provide an in-depth analysis of your hormone levels and offer guidance on the next steps to take based on your specific results. This personalized feedback is valuable in understanding and addressing any hormone imbalances.
- Convenient Sample Collection: The test kit enables you to collect your saliva sample from the comfort of your own home. This eliminates the need for clinic visits or appointments, allowing for privacy and convenience during the sample collection process.
- Suitable for All Ages: The test is suitable for both adults and children, ensuring that individuals of different age groups can benefit from progesterone hormone level analysis.
- Long Shelf Life: The test kit can be used within 12 months after the purchase date. This flexibility allows you to perform the test at a time that suits your convenience within the specified period.
- All-Inclusive Laboratory Fee: The test kit includes the laboratory fee, so there are no additional costs or taxes related to the analysis and processing of your sample. This transparency ensures that you have a clear understanding of the total cost involved.
- Customer Shipping Responsibility: Customers are responsible for shipping their saliva samples to the laboratory. This allows you to choose the shipping method that best suits your preferences and ensures that the sample reaches the laboratory promptly for analysis.
- How and when to Collect your saliva samples: Saliva Testing Instructions
- Click to see >> Sample Saliva Test Result Report
The progesterone Hormone Test (Pg) is designed to effectively assess progesterone levels in men's and women's bodies. This saliva progesterone test is best tested together with Estradiol (see Progesterone and Estradiol Profile) as an imbalance of these two hormones is associated with significant symptoms of menopause and disorders of the reproductive system. The progesterone test is for those experiencing some or all of the below symptoms.
Progesterone Imbalance Deficiency Symptoms
- Progesterone deficiency can give rise to a variety of symptoms that can significantly impact a person's well-being. If you are experiencing some or all of the following symptoms, it may be indicative of progesterone deficiency:
- Decreased fertility: Progesterone plays a crucial role in preparing the uterus for pregnancy and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Insufficient progesterone levels can hinder fertility and increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Heavy or painful periods: Progesterone helps regulate the menstrual cycle. Low levels of progesterone can result in heavy or prolonged periods, accompanied by intense menstrual cramps.
- Irregular periods: Progesterone deficiency can disrupt the regularity of menstrual cycles, leading to irregular periods, where the duration between cycles may vary significantly.
- Mood swings: Fluctuations in hormone levels, including progesterone, can affect neurotransmitters in the brain, leading to mood swings, irritability, and increased susceptibility to emotional changes.
- Hot flushes: Progesterone deficiency can contribute to hormonal imbalances, which may manifest as hot flushes or sudden waves of heat in the body, often accompanied by sweating.
- Tender or fibrocystic breasts: Inadequate progesterone levels can cause breast tissue to become tender, swollen, or lumpy. This condition is known as fibrocystic breasts.
- Urinary incontinence: Progesterone helps maintain the integrity of pelvic muscles and tissues. When progesterone levels are low, it can contribute to urinary incontinence or a loss of bladder control.
- Vaginal dryness: Insufficient progesterone can lead to a lack of moisture in the vaginal area, resulting in discomfort, itching, or pain during sexual intercourse.
- Backache: Progesterone deficiency may be associated with back pain, which can range from mild discomfort to more severe and persistent aches.
- Bloating: Hormonal imbalances, including low progesterone, can contribute to water retention and bloating, causing discomfort and a feeling of abdominal fullness.
- Loss of muscle mass: Progesterone plays a role in maintaining muscle mass. Deficiency of this hormone can lead to muscle loss, weakness, and decreased strength.
- Low libido: Progesterone is involved in regulating sexual desire. Reduced levels of progesterone can contribute to a decrease in libido or a diminished interest in sexual activity.
- Memory lapses: Hormonal fluctuations, including low progesterone, can affect cognitive function and memory. Some individuals may experience memory lapses or difficulty with concentration.
- Nervousness: Progesterone deficiency can contribute to feelings of nervousness, restlessness, or heightened anxiety.
- Poor concentration: Inadequate progesterone levels can impact cognitive function, leading to difficulties with focus, attention, and concentration.
- Sleep disturbances: Hormonal imbalances, including low progesterone, can disrupt sleep patterns, leading to difficulties falling asleep or staying asleep throughout the night.
- Weight gain: Progesterone deficiency may contribute to weight gain or make it more challenging to lose weight, particularly in the abdominal area.
- Nausea and vomiting: In some cases, progesterone deficiency can be associated with feelings of nausea and occasional vomiting.
- Depression: Hormonal imbalances, including low progesterone, can be linked to depressive symptoms, such as persistent sadness, low mood, and a loss of interest in activities.
Benefit of Saliva Progesterone Hormone Test
The saliva progesterone hormone test is a valuable tool used to assess and monitor progesterone levels in the body. Progesterone is a crucial hormone that plays a vital role in various aspects of reproductive health, including menstrual cycle regulation, fertility, and pregnancy support.
Unlike traditional blood tests, the saliva progesterone hormone test offers several distinct benefits. Firstly, it provides a non-invasive and stress-free method of collecting samples, as it only requires a simple saliva sample. This makes it more comfortable for individuals, particularly those who may have a fear of needles or blood.
Additionally, the saliva test allows for convenient at-home testing, eliminating the need for frequent visits to a healthcare facility. This accessibility and ease of testing enable individuals to track their progesterone levels regularly, gaining valuable insights into their hormonal health.
Furthermore, the saliva progesterone hormone test offers a more accurate reflection of the bioavailable progesterone in the body. It measures the unbound, or free, form of the hormone, which represents the active hormone available for use by the body's tissues. This specificity provides a more precise evaluation of progesterone levels and helps in assessing hormonal imbalances or deficiencies.
Overall, the saliva progesterone hormone test offers a convenient, non-invasive, and accurate method for assessing progesterone levels, enabling individuals to monitor their reproductive health, fertility, and hormonal balance with ease.
How to use: